When we focus on ourselves, our world contracts as our problems and preoccupations loom large. But when we focus on others, our world expands. Our own problems drift to the periphery of the mind and so seem smaller, and we increase our capacity for connection - or compassionate action.
― Daniel Goleman, Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
Life at the moment -
12:43 - July 25, 2014
Just when school ended so did the good warm sunny weather. My mood is entirely up to whether it’s sunny or not. So right now, I’m pretty much gloomy, my motivation to move and breathe is a bit low at the moment. Then I thought I should listen to some old school funk, maybe that’ll lighten up my mood. It did! but I won’t be moving anytime soon for sure.
I should really do something soon.
I just finished playing with photoshop. And already ate my dinner, wow I need to stop doing that.
The Happy List #2
- Summer Vacation finally!
- Doing absolutely nothing.
- A fresh new theme set up!
- Actually being happy with my laptop, now that it doesn’t have any restrictions.
- Waking up whenever I want, cause FREEDOM!
- 3 days of mom and dad being out of country and having the whole house just for moi.
- Getting to see Grace after such a long time.
- THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
- Watching a cute series called Folktales in Japan
- Waiting for my sweet sweet boyfriend to come visit me for the first time.
AAh~ so excited.
Initiations, humans and gender roles
Have you never asked yourself about why “men always have to take the initiative?” It bothers me a lot, now I see things better as a Woman, well, as a person. It strikes me as a weird and an unfair norm; not just to men but to us women (ooh I said it). I’ll get back to this later. I tried to think of reasons as why men are expected to make “the first move”. First I thought about our biological state, is it the natural dominance that human males have? Or the amount of testosterones in their body? Actually these could make sense, maybe it’s all just an “instinct”, but I can’t really settle for that.
When I say initiation, I mean things like doing the first move on dating things, such as talking first, calling/texting first, asking for marriage, and all other stuff that men tends to do first. We never thought about it, we just went with the flow like dead fish and simply accepted it, heck we demand and expect it like any other norms out there. Hey, I get it I ACTUALLY don’t mind at all, though what I do care about is the side effect of this mentality, which men always have to take every first step when it comes to dating and if a girl took the first step then she’s “too easy”.
Whenever I and someone who didn’t know that I have a boyfriend gets into “My relationship” topic, the question “So, who asked who first?” pops up every now and then. At first it was alright, but then it got to me. Why do people care so much on who asked who first? What is the obsession with it, why is there stupid rules about how long you should respond or when you should ask stuff and when to say yes and all of that bullcrap. What’s up with the society always trying to find an excuse not to be honest with someone let alone themselves? If you like someone should it really matter if you’re a boy or girl? , take the first move it will not absolutely convert all your estrogens into testosterones, you will still be a woman, just one with a bit more courage; believe me I tried. And for you other human beings who LABEL girls who take the initiative as “easy” you need to calm the fudge down, alright? I do not know how we got into this mess. Why it is that if a man comes up to a girl and say hi, it’s perfectly fine, heck it’s award winning smooth. But when a woman does that to a man she’s automatically “easy” “too outgoing” “slut” You all need to calm down, the way we define gender today is totally Oxshit, gender is now a barrier between a single fucking race, yes THE human race. Alright, I feel myself going a bit overboard and off topic. Sooo right.
We all need a change, a good one. Yes I know that the world is in constant change but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t stuck from the ways of the past cause we clearly are. I feel like instead of “constant change” it’s more like “constant pile of new shit” We all need to get over this restricting gender roles, it just puts so much pressure on every single one of us. Every human being is different, you can’t just expect someone to be JUST A GIRL or JUST A BOY, cause there is more than that. In conclusion gender should not define anything, we all should do whatever the fuck we want without hurting someone in the process.
I’m all for limitless possibilities, just saying.
The way we look at people, the way they look at us always seem such a big deal nowadays. Specially, the way they look at us, what they think about us. Why must we seek acceptance from strangers? who does not even know our name, or whether we prefer ice cream or bacon
(or both) Why must we always prove ourselves to some random person who won’t even make an impact in our lives. We are too busy reading peoples minds, when we should focus on our own. We always seek acceptance from others yet, we can’t accept ourselves. It’s ridiculous how the society, US, turned out.
I cannot even, I’M SO EXCITED FOR THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
"Adventurers in pack"
Social is not really a word that you can use to describe me. I’m far away from it, I like being alone, I enjoy my own company. It’s not because I dislike people, well, maybe I’m not really fond of them either. I prefer to be alone, though despite of that I still like a good company. I am picky about the people I hang out with, it’s not that I judge everyone and they have to meet a certain standard, I think it’s a matter of favoritism , I just like some people more than others. And No, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that, I think we all do it unconsciously.
things i want to do with u:
- take u to a place with low light pollution so u can look at all the stars
- make out
- dance by ourselves in the middle of the night
- go to a cool place
- bathe together
- walk around a museum and hold hands
- play the sims using the most ridiculous strategies
- make out
- build a blanket fort
- make out in said blanket fort
- love you forever
February really felt fast, suddenly it’s March! It’s maybe because of the one week winter break. But then again it could be because I’m looking forward to so much things this year. .. or wait shouldn’t it be the opposite? Well, I know for sure that I wasn’t all that busy these past few weeks, besides from school I don’t really do…. shit.
But let’s summarize it in bullets and pictures.
- Mom and dad’s anniversary, we went out for dinner. We were supposed to go to this seafood restaurant next town, but they can’t serve anything cause it’s out of season and they don’t have anything in stock. So we drove around that town for about 30 minutes and we couldn’t find anything, but thank God someone suggested to just go to the other town. We went to a place called.. uhm at the moment I can’t recall the name of the place. Though they served okay food, it wasn’t all good but good enough.
- And then Valentines! I got a package full of sweets and a card from my beloved babe~ It was the sweetest thing ever, and the card made laugh since it had a cheesy oneliner on the back.
- Oh and I did a little video for him (I sang), cause I’m … lame. But hey it’s the thought that counts right?
- This was the weirdest thing ever, it’s tea but it’s chocolate. I mean it had the herb taste in it but it was chocolate. Ugh, it’s rather difficult to explain, though it was good.
- My winter vacation turned out as usual non-productive. I played games and was stuck in my room the whole week. But I do not regret every single bits of it. I needed it, though I’m not sure I deserved it.
- Though before the winter break ended, I went out with Mr. Kitty and tried the new sushi restaurant. I was a bit disappointed since the sushi were so small, like I know what small portion means but holy fuck they were the real meaning of TINY. It was good, but it did not really satisfied our hunger. So we went to the supermarket and grabbed some more food.
- Lastly … I got my first Quadrakill in league of legends. HAHAHA. This is a big deal okay. xD
Anyways, I’m getting more and more excited for all the things that is going to be one month closer since February is almost finished! *screams*
Have a nice day!